Dark Souls III contains three very different endings. Although they aren't that long, they're pretty cool to watch. Therefore, you may want to see them all as quickly as possible so I outlined how to do so here.
Before we begin, this guide requires the ability to backup your save file. I did so using a PlayStation 4. If you're playing on an Xbox One or PC then the following steps may differ. Please keep that in mind while reading.
The Usurpation of Fire
The first step is to prepare to get this ending by doing the following:
- Don't give the Fire Keeper the "Fire Keeper Soul" and "Eyes of a Fire Keeper" items before getting this ending
- At High Wall of Lothric, send Yoel of Londor to the Firelink Shrine
- Use Yoel to level up five times thus receiving five Dark Sigils in the process (you have to kill yourself a couple of times between each level up)
- Speak to Anri of Astora multiple times at Halfway Fortress
- After defeating the Deacons of the Deep, talk to Anri at the Firelink Shrine
- Speak with Anri at the Catacombs of Carthus then again before the breakable bridge leading to High Lord Wolnir
- Kill Horace in a secluded area of the Smouldering Lake
- Speak to Anri at the Church of Yorshka bonfire (don't slash at the statues in the corner)
- Talk to Yuria at the Firelink Shrine after defeating Pontiff Sulyvahn
- Stab Anri's body with the Sword of Avowal at Anor Londo
At this point, you should have eight Dark Sigils and can finish the game to get this ending. However, before you proceed to the end, back up your save file either by uploading it to the cloud or using a USB device. After your save file is backed up, finish the game to get "The Usurpation of Fire" ending, restore your save file, and let's move on.
The End of Fire
Now that you reloaded your save to before you finished it, do the following to get the next ending:
- Get the "Fire Keeper Soul" from the locked area of Firelink Shrine and "Eyes of a Fire Keeper" from the Untended Graves area
- Give both items to the Fire Keeper and pay her many souls to remove your accumulated Dark Sigils
- Considering this will probably cost hundreds of thousands of souls, it may be a good idea to back up your save again after completing the previous step so you can see the other endings much easier (don't worry about overwriting your data for "The Usurpation of Fire" ending unless you really want to keep it)
- Defeat the last boss then summon the Fire Keeper via her sign instead of lighting the bonfire
The End of Fire (optional alternate version)
This one is simply a variation of the previous ending but it's totally worth the small amount of effort to watch it. Basically, restore your save from step 3 of the previous ending. The only difference is that now you kill the Fire Keeper during the ending sequence by attacking at the right moment. You could do what I did and just tap R1 regularly so you don't miss your chance.
To Link the First Flame
Again, this is very easy to accomplish. Restore your backed up save from step 3 of "The End of Fire" ending except now light the bonfire instead of summoning the Fire Keeper. I told you it was easy!
There you have it, now you can play through this awesome game just once and see every possible ending. If you have any questions or feedback then please let me know in the comments below.