Some games have pretty tricky trophies so here's a handy walkthrough. It might be hard to know exactly how to unlock Nidhogg 2's achievements so I hope this guide helps! Enough with the intro, let's slice and dice our way through this.
Basically play through Arcade mode once to get these trophies. You may have a bit of difficulty doing so in less than 20 minutes but it isn't too challenging. Just stay aggressive and keep running and you can do it! Not to brag, but I did it on my first attempt.
- Flesh and Blood (Beat the singleplayer game)
- Algorithms (Beat the singleplayer in under 20 minutes)
To get this first trophy, simply beat any opponent in Arcade mode without dying. It's not too hard but the second trophy requires you to do so on every single opponent in one sitting. These guys can be brutal so keep training and good luck!
- Domination (Win the faceoff and never lose the arrow in a singleplayer match)
- Hogglike (Dominate every level in one singleplayer game)
There's only one online trophy and it'll take forever to unlock. Warning: make sure you're playing ranked matches.
- Valkyrie (Win 100 ranked games through matchmaking)
For these first two local multiplayer trophies, set up a quick match and set the rules so that there's no time limit and only bows and arrows. Once the match starts, just keep tapping the attack button to fire arrow after arrow and you'll eventually get the first one. Then, leave the game on and the second trophy will pop as well once 20 minutes have passed since the start of the match.
- Bloodlust (100 total kills in one match)
- Trapped in Donkeyspace (Play a match lasting longer than 20 minutes)
We may as well check 3 trophies off in one go here. First, set up a match with one character being yellow and the other one being orange (the 2 leftmost colours). Then, set the rules so there's no time limit, only rapiers, and the only cheat that should be on is "No Slide Kicks". Start the match and you'll get the "Old School" trophy. Next, have your opponent enter a low stance while you have a middle stance then stab them with the attack button and alternately tap down and up to unlock "Memories". Finally, have your opponent kill you and run to their last screen then you kill them and run to your goal to get "Comeback Kid". Phew!
- Comeback Kid (Get eaten by the nidhogg after nearly allowing your opponent to do the same)
- Old School (Play a match with old school settings)
- Memories (Trap your opponent on your sword for a long time while moving it up and down)
Set up a match with a time limit of 03:00 and only rapiers and bows. Once it starts, have your opponent kill you. Then, you'll have a bow and arrow. Simply fire one at them while they're in a middle stance to have it reflected back at you for "Self Sacrifice". Finally, have them run to their final screen and wait for the time to run out then stab them in the sudden death round. Easy peasy!
- Slow Played (Let the timer run out in your opponent's last screen and win in sudden death)
- Self Sacrifice (Kill yourself with your own arrow)
Believe it or not, you only need 2 controllers for this. Just play through an 8 player tournament and boom!
- GTD (Finish an 8 player tournament)
So, that's all of Nidhogg 2's trophies. Too bad there's no platinum. Anyway, let me know in the comments below if you found this guide helpful and also if you need any further assistance. A couple of these sure are tough so best of luck!