Metroidvania games can be quite confusing to master so I put together this helpful guide. Although I won't hold your hand through the whole game, there should be enough info here to allow you to get 100% on your own.
The complete map
Before we begin, click here for the full 100% completed Touhou Double Focus world map. Keep in mind that walls with doors on only one side have a secret entrance. You can usually reach these by using Momiji to run up walls and find hidden passageways. As you uncover the map, treasure chests are automatically marked so you can easily see which ones you're missing. If you've uncovered the entire map and there are no treasure icons left yet you still don't have 100% of the items then travel around and talk to each of the NPCs (marked by green smileys). Doing so may allow you to accomplish side-quests and obtain some nifty new items in the process.
Tips for perfectionists
Acquiring the treasures in Touhou Double Focus isn't always straightforward so here are a few miscellaneous tips:
- To reach the top-left corner of the base area, jump and air-dash from the right ledge to find hidden floating platforms
- Wait until you have most of the abilities before attempting to get all of the treasures for the sake of saving time
- Using Aya, you can keep tapping forward rapidly in mid-air to dash and reach previously uncovered corners of large rooms
- To warp efficiently, you can choose portals on the map by tapping X on them
- Some treasures must be accessed via hidden paths from connecting rooms
- If you can't figure out how to reach underfoot treasure, try pushing down and X to go through false floors
- Don't worry about completing the game because you can load your save and continue afterwards
I hope the map and tips will help you master Touhou Double Focus. If you have any questions or feedback then feel free to leave a comment below and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Good luck on your adventures!